- Frank Coyle's Blog
- College Football Mondays
- Ahead of the Curve
- NFL News
- College News
- Order Publication
Florida Holds Top Ranking
Photo – TE Dennis Pitta BYU
1. Florida (1-0) – Gators coasted vs lower level.
2. Texas (1-0) – Longhorns pounded weak D1 club in opener.
3. USC (1-0) – Trojans are young but loaded again.
4. Mississippi (1-0) – Rebels can do some damage this season.
5. Oklahoma St (1-0) – Cowboys drilled Georgia in opener
6. Ohio St (1-0) – Buckeyes were lucky to get past Navy.
7. Penn St (1-0) – Nittany Lions took care of business vs Akron.
8. BYU (1-0) – Cougars took it to Oklahoma in opener.
9. Alabama (1-0) – Tide win a huge game vs Va. Tech.
10. LSU (1-0) – Tigers need to play up to potential to stay in top 10 rankings
11. California (1-0) – Bears dominated Maryland in opener.
12. Boise St (1-0) - Broncos slammed a stunned Oregon club.
Florida Pick to Repeat by Draft Insiders Poll
USA Poll also Picks Florida as No.1 Team
Photo – QB Sam Bradford – Oklahoma
Florida, Texas & Oklahoma Top Draft Insiders Preseason College Poll
1. Florida – With Tebow, they are capable of repeating as champs.
2. Texas – Colt McCoy gives them a chance for the national title.
3. Oklahoma – The Sooners are loaded again and legitimate national contenders.
4. USC – Trojans reload with first year starting QB.
5. Ohio St – QB Terrelle Pryor is capable to taking the Buckeyes to the Big Show.
6. Virginia Tech – Hokies always a tough gang that comes to play.
7. Mississippi - Ole Miss is primed for a monster 2009 season.
8. Oklahoma St – Cowboys have an impressive and explosive offense
9. Penn St – Nittany Lions play sound football consistently.
10. LSU – QB play may decide if they stay in the top ten rankings
11. Oregon – Ducks will push the Trojans for the Pac 10 title.
12. North Carolina - Butch Davis’ s club should be a major surprise.
13. Alabama – Tide will rely on defense to push the top ten.
14. California – Bears need a special season from Best to win Pac 10 title.
15. Georgia Tech - Runner Dwyer hopes to carry Jackets to ACC title.
16. Boise St - Broncos best in this conference.
17. Georgia – Bulldogs have to reload especially on offense.
18. Utah – Utes won’t sneak up on anyone now.
10. Notre Dame – Irish primed for big performance after mediocrity recently.
20. Pittsburgh – Panthers are capable of ranking this high.
21. Florida St – Seminoles must show more offensively to move up rankings.
22. Oregon St – Tough schedule will make or break them.
23. Iowa – Scrappy club always play sound football.
24. Nebraska – Huskers still a formidable force in the Big 12.
25. BYU – Tough opener with Sooners could delay their run at the Utes for MWC title.
Frank Coyle is a longtime Member of the FWAA and voter in College team and player awards - Heisman, Outland, Nagurski, Thorpe, etc. He is a voter for the Super 16 College Team Polls throughout the season that will present Grantland Rice award to the national champion in January 2010. He is also a voter for Players of the Week and for the FWAA All-American teams at the conclusion of each season.