- Frank Coyle's Blog
- College Football Mondays
- Ahead of the Curve
- NFL News
- College News
- Order Publication
Top 25 Clubs Enter Bowl Season
Team of the Week - Rutgers
Player of the Week – WR Mohamed Sanu – Rutgers
Photo – Mark Ingram – Alabama (Heisman Trophy Winner)
Team / Ranking / Record
1. Alabama (13-0) – Tide beat their nemesis Florida in SEC title game and preps for Texas in BCS Championship matchup.
2. Texas (13-0) – Longhorns prepping for title clash with Alabama after completing perfect ’09 season.
3. Cincinnati (12-0) - Bearcats finished a perfect regular season but lose their HC Brian Kelly for tough bowl matchup with Florida.
4. Florida (12-1)– Gators lost a tough SEC title contest with Alabama but look to fTim Tebow’s college finale vs Cincinnati to finish with big win.
5. Texas Christian (12-0) – Horned Frogs finish with a perfect regular season and face an undefeated Boise St club that will leave What If questions vwith Bama/ Texas winner.
6. Boise St (13-0) - Broncos look to TCU bowl matchup to continue to climb the charts.
7. Ohio St (10-2) – Buckeyes won the Big Ten and face a great foe in Oregon in the Rose Bowl.
8. Oregon (10-2) – Ducks win Pac 10 and may be the most exciting club in the nation to watch.
9. Georgia Tech (11-2) – Tech won the ACC title and look to tack momentum for their Orange Bowl matchup with Iowa.
10. Iowa (10-2) – The Hawkeyes face a tough matchup with Georgia Tech in one of the more interesting bowl games.
11. LSU (9-3) – Tigers hope for better than the Capital One game with Penn St but look to redeem themselves with an impressive victory.
12. Penn St (10-2) – Nittany Lions finished strong and hope to maintain that vs a tough LSU club in New Years Day matchup.
13. Virginia Tech (9-3) – Va Tech completed a fine season and get an improving Tennessee club on New Year’s eve.
14. Miami (9-3) - Canes earned Champs Sport bowl bid in Orlando vs a gritty Wisconsin club.
15. BYU (10-2) – Cougars won their finale vs Utah that earned them a bowl game with Oregon St. in one of the best matchups of the bowl season.
16. Oregon St (8-4) – Beavers lost a tough finale to Oregon and face another pass happy club in BYU in Las Vegas bowl.
17. West Virginia (9-3) - WV want bowl win to complete season with matchup vs Florida St. in Bobby Bowden’s finale as head coach.
18. Oklahoma St (9-3) – Cowboys go to Cotton Bowl in an expected shootout with Ole Miss.
19. Pittsburgh (9-3)- Panthers hope to redeem themselves in bowl game vs North Carolina after a few key late season losses.
20. Houston (10-3) - Cougars win CUSA West and face a savvy Air Force team in Armed Forces Bowl contest.
21. USC (8-4) – Trojans finish a disappointing season and go to minor bowl vs Boston College in Emerald Bowl.
22. Nebraska (9-4) – Huskers lost a tough Big 12 title game vs Texas, but look to redeem themselves vs Arizona in Holiday Bowl .
23. Stanford (8-4) –Cardinal completed a fine season and face an erratic Oklahoma club in Sun Bowl matchup.
24. Wisconsin (9-3) - Badgers face a young Miami club in Champs bowl matchup.
25. North Carolina (8-4) – Tar Heels are a talented young club who look to finish with big win vs Pittsburgh.
Frank Coyle is a longtime Member of the FWAA and voter in College team and player awards - Heisman, Outland, Nagurski, Thorpe, etc. He is a voter for weekly Team and Player Awards.