- Frank Coyle's Blog
- College Football Mondays
- Ahead of the Curve
- NFL News
- College News
- Order Publication
Florida & ‘Bama Headed for Clash
Team of the Week - Ohio St.
Player of Week - Dexter McCluster
Ole Miss senior running back Dexter McCluster set a school record with 282 rushing yards and scored four touchdowns as the Rebels defeated Tennessee, 42-17. McCluster, who had 324 all-purpose yards, scored on runs of 15, 23, 32 and 71 yards as Ole Miss earned its first win against Tennessee since 1983 and off to their best start since 2003.
Photo – RB Dexter McCluster - Ole Miss
Team / Ranking
1. Florida (10-0) – Gators roll over SC and prep for SEC title game.
2. Alabama (10-0) – Tide won the SEC West with win over MSU and get ready for showdown with Auburn prior to Florida game in SEC title clash.
3. Texas (10-0) – Longhorns are rolling through the Big 12 each week and headed for BCS title game.
4. Cincinnati (10-0) - Bearcats are looking to go unblemished with only Illinois and Pittsburgh on the schedule.
5. Texas Christian (10-0) – Frogs hoping to get into the top four by season’s end.
6. Boise St (10-0) - Broncos keep winning and looking to earn one of the premier matchups.
7. Georgia Tech (10-1) – Tech clinched ACC division and looking to advance higher when top clubs fall.
8. Pittsburgh (9-1)- Panthers are starting to believe in themselves with their two top rivals West Virginia and Cincinnati remaining.
9. LSU (8-2) – Tigers are still a very good club despite a struggling offense.
10. Ohio St (9-2) – Buckeyes took care of Iowa and Penn St that earns them a return to the top ten rankings.
11. Oregon (8-2) – Ducks jumped on Arizona St last weekend.
12. Oklahoma St (8-2) – Cowboys may have the best offense in the nation when right.
13. Stanford (7-3) – Cardinal shocked Southern Cal and Oregon in back to back victories.
14. Wisconsin (8-2) - Badgers won a key game with win over Michigan St.
15. Iowa (9-2) – The Hawkeyes have dropped two in a row with OT loss to Ohio St.
16. Penn St (9-2) – Nittany Lions clean up on soft Indiana matchup.
17. Virginia Tech (7-3) – Tech routed Maryland.
18. Clemson (7-3) – Tigers are peaking at the right time.
19. North Carolina (7-3) – Tar Heels have won three straight over Va Tech, Duke and Miami.
20. USC (7-3) – Trojans got ambushed by Stanford on Saturday.
21. Oregon St (7-3) – Beavers jumped on Washington with a bowl bye resting on the results.
22. Miami (7-3) - Canes came up short in Chapel Hill vs NC.
23. BYU (8-2) – Cougars just got by New Mexico last week.
24. Houston (8-2) - Cougars ran out of time vs Central Florida.
25. Ole Miss (7-3) – Ole Miss earned its first win against Tennessee since 1983 and clinched bowl eligibility for the second straight year.
Frank Coyle is a longtime Member of the FWAA and voter in College team and player awards - Heisman, Outland, Nagurski, Thorpe, etc. He is a voter for weekly Team and Player Awards.