- Frank Coyle's Blog
- College Football Mondays
- Ahead of the Curve
- NFL News
- College News
- Order Publication
Florida Retains #1 Ranking
Team of the Week – Stanford
Player of the Week –
Toby Gerhart - Stanford
Stanford running back Toby Gerhart set a school single-game record with 223 rushing yards (on 38 carries) as the Cardinal defeated 7th-ranked Oregon, 51-42. During the game, Gerhart scored three TDs as Stanford, 6-3 (5-2 in Pac 10) became bowl eligible for the first time since 2001.
Photo – Running back Toby Gerhart – Stanford
Team / Ranking
1. Florida (9-0) – Gators rolling to the SEC title game.
2. Alabama (9-0) – Tide won a tough battle with LSU that probably leads to showdown with Florida in SEC clash.
3. Texas (9-0) – Longhorns are getting better each week.
4. Cincinnati (9-0) - Bearcats can play with anyone in the nation.
5. Texas Christian (9-0) – TCU continue to pound opponents weekly.
6. Boise St (9-0) - Broncos keep winning, though not as impressive as expected.
7. Georgia Tech (9-1) – Georgia Tech got past a scappy Wake Forest team.
8. LSU (7-2) – Tigers lost a tough matchup with Bama due to struggling offense.
9. Pittsburgh (8-1)- Panthers are in the Top ten for the first time since 1982.
10. Houston (8-1) - Cougars are bombing teams weekly behind a high powered passing game directed by QB Case Keenum.
11. Ohio St (8-2) – Buckeyes took care of Penn St and hope to ride that momentum back into the top ten rankings.
12. Oregon (7-2) – Ducks got blindsided by Stanford last week.
13. Iowa (9-1) – The breaks caught up to the Hawkeyes last week.
14. USC (7-2) – Trojans back on beam with win over Arizona St.
15. Miami (7-2) - Canes are looking to finish strong to land in the top ten.
16. Utah (8-1) - Utes continue to win and head for key MWC games this month.
17. Oklahoma St (7-2) – Cowboys potent offense can play with anyone in the nation.
18. Arizona (6-2) - Wildcats have turned the corner.
19. Wisconsin (7-2) - Badgers know how to win close games.
20. Penn St (8-2) – Overrated Nittany Lions came up flat in Ohio St matchup.
21. Virginia Tech (6-3) – Tech coming off a Thursday night win over East Carolina.
22. BYU (7-2) – Cougars are hoping to run the table from here.
23. South Florida (6-2) – Bulls are in good position to gain a major bowl invite.
24. Clemson (6-3) – Tigers won a huge game with Florida St that puts them back in Top 25.
25. West Virginia (7-2) - WV are hoping their late season Big East matchups with Cincinnati and Pittsburgh moves them higher.
Frank Coyle is a longtime Member of the FWAA and voter in College team and player awards - Heisman, Outland, Nagurski, Thorpe, etc. He is a voter for weekly Team and Player Awards.