- Frank Coyle's Blog
- College Football Mondays
- Ahead of the Curve
- NFL News
- College News
- Order Publication
Alabama & Texas Follow at #2 and #3
Team of the Week – Oregon
Player of the Week – Case Keenum - Houston
Photo – QB Case Keenum - Houston
Team / Ranking
1. Florida (8-0) – Gators gave Bulldogs a spanking at the Cocktail party game.
2. Alabama (8-0) – Tide is well rested for huge matchup with LSU this week.
3. Texas (8-0) – Longhorns is peaking entering final month of the eason.
4. Cincinnati (8-0) - Bearcats winning in all phases of the game.
5. LSU (7-1) – Tigers face huge matchup with Bama Saturday in SEC game of the year.
6. Texas Christian (8-0) – TCU continues to pound the ball on opponents.
7. Boise St (8-0) - Broncos keep taking care of business each week.
8. Oregon (7-1) – Ducks jumped all over Southern Cal in an impressive Pac 10 victory.
9. Iowa (9-0) – Hawkeyes continue to know to how to win the close games.
10. Georgia Tech (8-1) –Georgia Tech is quietly having an impressive season.
11. Penn St (8-1) – Nittany Lions face huge test at home vs Ohio St this week.
12. Pittsburgh (7-1)- Panthers rested after bye week and play out the schedule on their home turf.
13. Houston (7-1) - Cougars are lighting up defenses weekly behind a hot QB Case Keenum.
14. USC (6-2) – Trojans defense failed to show up vs Oregon last week.
15. Miami (6-2) - Canes pulled out late victory vs Wake Forest last week
16. Ohio St (7-2) – Buckeyes are pointing to this week’s Penn St game to gain national prominence.
17. Utah (7-1) - Utes have continued to win and they're ready for critical MWC games in November.
18. Oklahoma St (6-2) – Cowboys were over matched vs Texas and need a strong Big 12 finish to gain top bowl game invitation.
19. Notre Dame (6-2) – The Irish are focused and should challenge for a 10 win season with a strong November.
20. Oklahoma (5-3) – Sooners back in Top 25 and hope to run the table
with a demanding Big 12 schedule.
21. Arizona (5-2) - Wildcats face a critical final month of Pac 10 opponents.
22. Wisconsin (6-2) - Badgers could sweep the rest of the schedule and have a 10 win season.
23. California (6-2) – Bears are having a good season despite losing its two biggest games vs USC and Oregon.
24 Virginia Tech (5-3) – Tech coming off a Thursday night loss vs North Carolina.
25. BYU (6-2) – Cougars are rested for final month in pursuit of 10 win season.
Frank Coyle is a longtime Member of the FWAA and voter in College team and player awards - Heisman, Outland, Nagurski, Thorpe, etc. He is a voter for the Super 16 College Team Polls throughout the season that will present Grantland Rice award to the national champion in January 2010. He is also a voter for Players of the Week and for the FWAA All-American teams at the conclusion of each season.