- Frank Coyle's Blog
- College Football Mondays
- Ahead of the Curve
- NFL News
- College News
- Order Publication
Florida Maintains Top Ranking
Team of the Week – Texas Christian
Player of the Week – C.J. Spiller - Clemson
Photo – Runner C.J. Spiller - Clemson
Team / Ranking
1. Florida (7-0) – Gators face a huge test with Georgia this week.
2. Alabama (8-0) – Tide just got by a fired up Tennessee club.
3. Texas (7-0) – Longhorns drilled an overmatched Missouri team.
4. USC (6-1) – Trojans are ready for huge matchup at Oregon this week.
5. Cincinnati (7-0) - Bearcats continue to impress even without QB Tony Pike.
6. LSU (6-1) – Tigers took care of Auburn and get ready for big stretch of SEC games to finish the season.
7. Texas Christian (7-0) – TCU pounded a good BYU club and could continue to climb the charts.
8. Boise St (7-0) - Broncos weak schedule will hurt their ranking despite perfect record.
9. Oregon (6-1) – Ducks are looking to ambush Southern Cal this Saturday in game of the week.
10. Iowa (8-0) – Hawkeyes have learned how to win the close games.
11. Georgia Tech (7-1) – Georgia Tech drilled Virginia in last one and continue to impress and move up the charts.
12. Penn St (7-1) – Nittany Lions won big test at Michigan last week.
13. Virginia Tech (5-2) – Tech coming off bye week with Thursday night matchup vs North Carolina up next.
14. Oklahoma St (6-1) – Cowboys offense is smoking and they get Texas at home this week.
15. Pittsburgh (7-1)- Panthers won another key Big East showdown vs South Florida and play out the schedule on their home turf.
16. Miami (5-2) - Canes got shocked by Clemson last week
17. Ohio St (6-2) – Buckeyes bombed Minnesota to get back in the win column.
18. Houston (6-1) - Cougars are walking through their weak CUSA schedule.
19. Utah (6-1) - Utes continue to win, setting up a few critical MWC games in November.
20. South Carolina (6-2) – SC gets a huge test at Tennessee this week.
21.West Virginia (6-1) - WV is heading for key late season Big East matchups with Cincinnati and Pittsburgh.
22. Mississippi (5-2) - Ole Miss are looking to finish strong after early season disappointments.
23. Oklahoma (4-3) – Sooners back in Top 25 and hope to run the table
with an important Big 12 schedule remaining.
24. Notre Dame (5-2) – The Irish are playing everyone tough and could challenge for a 10 win season with a strong finish.
25. Arizona (5-2) - Wildcats can rise further with a few critical Pac 10 games on the remaining schedule.
Frank Coyle is a longtime Member of the FWAA and voter in College team and player awards - Heisman, Outland, Nagurski, Thorpe, etc. He is a voter for the Super 16 College Team Polls throughout the season that will present Grantland Rice award to the national champion in January 2010. He is also a voter for Players of the Week and for the FWAA All-American teams at the conclusion of each season.